Friday, 23 April 2010

O/T Had app with consultant yesterday may finally have some answers

Hi all I had an appointment yesterday with my consultant yesterday as a follow up from my hospital stay last week, and may have finally got some answers as to why I've had the probs I have :), 2days before I was discharged they took some blood samples testing for something called Lupus which I was told yesterday came back negative which is obviously good news :)

But the blood results showed I was low on Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid, and I had already been told I was low on Iron, now looking up Vitamin B12 deficiency brought me to this site which gave a list of symptoms for B12 deficiency amaemia:
  • feeling very tired 
  • breathlessness after little excerise
  • palpitations
  • headaches
  • a reduced appetite
  • a sore mouth and tongue
all of which are issues I've had so explains alot, to me anyway lol

The doctor said that a common cause of this is something called Pernicious Anaemia where basically the body can't absorb Vitamin B12 properly, and is common in Irish families (I'm not Irish but my dad's family originate from Ireland), so I had to have yet another blood test yesterday to test for this, in the meantime I've been put on Vitamin B12 tablets but if test comes back as this is what Ive got then once I've had bubs I'll have to have regular injections of Vitamin B12, most sites states they are every 3months for life

Yet another thing to be faced with but at least it seems at last they are getting somewhere in figuring out what is going on with me

Michelle xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that at last they might be on the right track in working out what has been wrong with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that they may have finally figured out what is causing you all of your health woes. It took them long enough. Even if you do have to have the vitamin shots for the rest of your life, you'll feel a ton better than you have been.

    Sending cyber hugs that your baby stays around til your due date and you have an awesome delivery.

    ReplyDelete